(Updated May 2020) This eLearning module introduces the Relevant Conduct analysis used to apply the federal sentencing guidelines emphasizing real-world scenarios to illustrate the application of the analysis.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain why the Commission adopted a relevant conduct analysis;
- Describe how relevant conduct impacts application of Chapters Two and Three of the federal sentencing guidelines;
- Determine which acts of the defendant are considered relevant conduct in an offense;
- Determine if acts of others in a jointly undertaken criminal activity can be attributed to the defendant as relevant conduct in an offense;
- Explain when "expanded" relevant conduct applies in application of the federal sentencing guidelines; and
- Apply the relevant conduct analysis to real-world scenarios.
In order to complete the exercises in this course, you will need a copy of the Guidelines Manual.
List of USSC eLearning Programs: