To validly give up a right, such as a right to trial or right to remain silent. Waivers of rights can be oral or in writing.


An order by the court directing an official, such as police officer or probation officer, to act in some manner (such as arrest a person). A defendant who commits an offense while a warrant alleging a violation of a condition of probation, parole, or supervised release is outstanding will receive criminal history points for “status” for being under a “criminal justice sentence” (§4A1.2(m)).