October 24, 2000
AMENDED NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
OF THE U.S. SENTENCING COMMISSION
Pursuant to Rule 3.2 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure (U.S. Sentencing Commission (July 1997)), the U.S. Sentencing Commission will hold a public meeting on October 30, 2000 at 1:30 p.m. at the Thurgood Marshall Federal Judiciary Building, One Columbus Circle, N.E., in Suite 2-500 (South Lobby). It is expected that the meeting will conclude by 2:30 p.m.
The purpose of the meeting will be to conduct the business detailed in the following agenda:
1. Introductory Remarks and Report from the Chair
2. Economic Crimes Symposium Report
3. Presentation, Discussion, and Possible Vote to Publish of Proposed Amendment Language in the Following Areas
- Tax Privacy (.PDF)
- Unauthorized Compensation(.PDF)
- Counterfeiting (.PDF)
Mitigating Role (.PDF)
4. Briefing on new laws passed by Congress that require Commission action.
Public meeting materials are available at the Commission's website or from the Commission (202/502-4590).