2005 Federal Sentencing Guidelines
Chapter 2 - PART B - BASIC ECONOMIC OFFENSES
(a) Base Offense Level: 20
(b) Specific Offense Characteristics
(1) If the property of a financial institution or post office was taken, or if the taking of such property was an object of the offense, increase by 2 levels.
(2) (A) If a firearm was discharged, increase by 7 levels; (B) if a firearm was otherwise used, increase by 6 levels; (C) if a firearm was brandished or possessed, increase by 5 levels; (D) if a dangerous weapon was otherwise used, increase by 4 levels; (E) if a dangerous weapon was brandished or possessed, increase by 3 levels; or (F) if a threat of death was made, increase by 2 levels.
(3) If any victim sustained bodily injury, increase the offense level according to the seriousness of the injury:
Degree of Bodily Injury Increase in Level (A) Bodily Injury add 2 (B) Serious Bodily Injury add 4 (C) Permanent or Life-Threatening Bodily Injury add 6 (D) If the degree of injury is between that specified in subdivisions (A) and (B), add 3 levels; or (E) If the degree of injury is between that specified in subdivisions (B) and (C), add 5 levels.
Provided, however, that the cumulative adjustments from (2) and (3) shall not exceed 11 levels.
(4) (A) If any person was abducted to facilitate commission of the offense or to facilitate escape, increase by 4 levels; or (B) if any person was physically restrained to facilitate commission of the offense or to facilitate escape, increase by 2 levels.
(5) If the offense involved carjacking, increase by 2 levels.
(6) If a firearm, destructive device, or controlled substance was taken, or if the taking of such item was an object of the offense, increase by 1 level.
(7) If the loss exceeded $10,000, increase the offense level as follows:
Loss (Apply the Greatest) Increase in Level (A) $10,000 or less no increase (B) More than $10,000 add 1 (C) More than $50,000 add 2 (D) More than $250,00 add 3 (E) More than $800,000 add 4 (F) More than $1,500,000 add 5 (G) More than $2,500,000 add 6 (H) More than $5,000,000 add 7.
(c) Cross Reference
(1) If a victim was killed under circumstances that would constitute murder under 18 U.S.C. § 1111 had such killing taken place within the territorial or maritime jurisdiction of the United States, apply §2A1.1 (First Degree Murder).