2009 FEDERAL SENTENCING GUIDELINES MANUAL
CHAPTER 5 - PART C - IMPRISONMENT
§5C1.2. Limitation on Applicability of Statutory Minimum Sentences in Certain Cases
(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), in the case of an offense under 21 U.S.C. § 841, § 844, § 846, § 960, or § 963, the court shall impose a sentence in accordance with the applicable guidelines without regard to any statutory minimum sentence, if the court finds that the defendant meets the criteria in 18 U.S.C. § 3553(f)(1)-(5) set forth below:
(1) the defendant does not have more than 1 criminal history point, as determined under the sentencing guidelines before application of subsection (b) of §4A1.3 (Departures Based on Inadequacy of Criminal History Category);
(2) the defendant did not use violence or credible threats of violence or possess a firearm or other dangerous weapon (or induce another participant to do so) in connection with the offense;
(3) the offense did not result in death or serious bodily injury to any person;
(4) the defendant was not an organizer, leader, manager, or supervisor of others in the offense, as determined under the sentencing guidelines and was not engaged in a continuing criminal enterprise, as defined in 21 U.S.C. § 848; and
(5) not later than the time of the sentencing hearing, the defendant has truthfully provided to the Government all information and evidence the defendant has concerning the offense or offenses that were part of the same course of conduct or of a common scheme or plan, but the fact that the defendant has no relevant or useful other information to provide or that the Government is already aware of the information shall not preclude a determination by the court that the defendant has complied with this requirement.
(b) In the case of a defendant (1) who meets the criteria set forth in subsection (a); and (2) for whom the statutorily required minimum sentence is at least five years, the offense level applicable from Chapters Two (Offense Conduct) and Three (Adjustments) shall be not less than level 17.
Historical Note: Effective September 23, 1994 (see Appendix C, amendment 509). Amended effective November 1, 1995 (see Appendix C, amendment 515); November 1, 1996 (see Appendix C, amendment 540); November 1, 1997 (see Appendix C, amendment 570); November 1, 2001 (see Appendix C, amendment 624); October 27, 2003 (see Appendix C, amendment 651); November 1, 2004 (see Appendix C, amendment 674); November 1, 2009 (see Appendix C, amendment 736).