CHAPTER TWO - PART E - OFFENSES INVOLVING CRIMINAL ENTERPRISES AND RACKETEERING
2. EXTORTIONATE EXTENSION OF CREDIT
§2E2.1. Making or Financing an Extortionate Extension of Credit; Collecting an Extension of Credit by Extortionate Means
(a) Base Offense Level: 20
(b) Specific Offense Characteristics
(1) (A) If a firearm was discharged increase by 5 levels; or
(B) if a dangerous weapon (including a firearm) was otherwise used, increase by 4 levels; or
(C) if a dangerous weapon (including a firearm) was brandished or possessed, increase by 3 levels.
(2) If any victim sustained bodily injury, increase the offense level according to the seriousness of the injury:
Degree of Bodily Injury Increase in Level
|Degree of Bodily Injury||Increase in Level|
|(A)||Bodily Injury||add 2|
|(B)||Serious Bodily Injury||add 4|
|(C)||Permanent or Life-Threatening Bodily Injury||add 6|
(D) If the degree of injury is between that specified in subdivisions (A) and (B), add 3 levels; or
(E) If the degree of injury is between that specified in subdivisions (B) and (C), add 5 levels.
Provided, however, that the combined increase from (1) and (2) shall not exceed 9 levels.
(3) (A) If any person was abducted to facilitate commission of the offense or to facilitate escape, increase by 4 levels; or
(B) if any person was physically restrained to facilitate commission of the offense or to facilitate escape, increase by 2 levels.
(c) Cross Reference
(1) If a victim was killed under circumstances that would constitute murder under 18 U.S.C. § 1111 had such killing taken place within the territorial or maritime jurisdiction of the United States, apply §2A1.1 (First Degree Murder).
Historical Note: Effective November 1, 1987. Amended effective November 1, 1989 (see Appendix C, amendments 146-148); November 1, 1991 (see Appendix C, amendment 398); November 1, 1993 (see Appendix C, amendment 479); November 1, 2000 (see Appendix C, amendment 601).
* * * * *