CHAPTER TWO - PART B - BASIC ECONOMIC OFFENSES
2. BURGLARY AND TRESPASS
§2B2.1. Burglary of a Residence or a Structure Other than a Residence
(a) Base Offense Level:
(1) 17, if a residence; or
(2) 12, if a structure other than a residence.
(b) Specific Offense Characteristics
(1) If the offense involved more than minimal planning, increase by 2 levels.
(2) If the loss exceeded $2,500, increase the offense level as follows:
|Loss (Apply the Greatest)||Increase in Level|
|(A)||$2,500 or less||no increase|
|(B)||More than $2,500||add 1|
|(C)||More than $10,000||add 2|
|(D)||More than $50,000||add 3|
|(E)||More than $250,000||add 4|
|(F)||More than $800,000||add 5|
|(G)||More than $1,500,000||add 6|
|(H)||More than $2,500,000||add 7|
|(I)||More than $5,000,000||add 8.|
(3) If a firearm, destructive device, or controlled substance was taken, or if the taking of such item was an object of the offense, increase by 1 level.
(4) If a dangerous weapon (including a firearm) was possessed, increase by 2 levels.
Historical Note: Effective November 1, 1987. Amended effective January 15, 1988 (see Appendix C, amendment 11); June 15, 1988 (see Appendix C, amendment 12); November 1, 1989 (see Appendix C, amendments 105 and 106); November 1, 1990 (see Appendix C, amendments 315 and 361); November 1, 1993 (see Appendix C, amendment 481); November 1, 2001 (see Appendix C, amendment 617).