2007 Federal Sentencing Guidelines
CHAPTER 2 - PART H - OFFENSES INVOLVING INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
4. PEONAGE, INVOLUNTARY SERVITUDE, AND SLAVE TRADE
§2H4.2. Willful Violations of the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act
(a) Base Offense Level: 6
(b) Specific Offense Characteristics
(1) If the offense involved (i) serious bodily injury, increase by 4 levels; or (ii) bodily injury, increase by 2 levels.
(2) If the defendant committed any part of the instant offense subsequent to sustaining a civil or administrative adjudication for similar misconduct, increase by 2 levels.
Statutory Provision: 29 U.S.C. § 1851.
1. Definitions.—For purposes of subsection (b)(1), "bodily injury" and "serious bodily injury" have the meaning given those terms in Application Note 1 of the Commentary to §1B1.1 (Application Instructions).
2. Application of Subsection (b)(2).—Section 1851 of title 29, United States Code, covers a wide range of conduct. Accordingly, the enhancement in subsection (b)(2) applies only if the instant offense is similar to previous misconduct that resulted in a civil or administrative adjudication under the provisions of the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (29 U.S.C. § 1801 et. seq.).