United States Sentencing Commission
Public Meeting Materials
January 9, 2000
- Proposed emergency amendment to provide increased penalties for offenses involving ephedrine, phenylpropanolamine, or pseudoephedrine.
- Proposed amendment to (1) provide increased penalties for Schedule I and II Depressants, including GHB, and for flunitrazepam; and (2) include GBL in the Chemical Quantity Table in §2D1.11.
- Proposed amendment to consolidate the theft, property destruction and fraud guidelines.
- Proposed amendment to address circuit conflict regarding the computation of tax loss in cases that involve a defendant's under-reporting of income on both individual and corporate tax returns.
- Proposed amendment to (1) implement the "pattern of activity" directive in the Protection of Children from Sexual Predators Act of 1998; (2) address grouping of certain child pornography counts of conviction; and (3) implement a directive to provide an enhancement for transportation offenses under chapter 117 of title 18, United States Code.
- Proposed amendment to §2L1.2(b)(1) to provide more graduated sentencing enhancements based on the seriousness of the prior aggravated felony conviction.
- Proposed amendment to (1) provide statutory references for new offenses; and (2) make various technical and conforming changes to the guidelines.