January 24, 2000
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING OF THE
U.S. SENTENCING COMMISSION
Pursuant to Rule 3.2 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure (U.S. Sentencing Commission (July 1997)), the U.S. Sentencing Commission will hold a public meeting on February 2, 2000 at 10:00 a.m. at the Thurgood Marshall Federal Judiciary Building, One Columbus Circle, N.E., in Suite 2-500 (South Lobby). It is expected that the meeting will conclude by 12:30 p.m.
Agenda for Public Meeting: February 2, 2000, 10:00 a.m.
The purpose of the meeting will be to conduct the business detailed in the following agenda:
1. Remarks and Reports
- Introductory Remarks from the Chair
- Report from the Interim Staff Director
- Approval of Minutes
2. Action Item: Report on Public Comment and Vote on 2000 Priorities
3. Action Item: Discussion and Vote on Issues for Publication
a. No Electronic Theft Act (requirement to publish proposed permanent amendment)
b. Protection of Children from Sexual Predators Act
d. Wireless Telephone Protection Act (Cellular Telephone Cloning)
e. Selected Circuit Conflicts (issues from December and January meeting materials)
- Issue 1: Aberrant behavior departures
- Issue 3: Drug sales in protected locations (and regarding selection of the appropriate guideline, pertaining to a possible amendment to the Introductory paragraph to Appendix A regarding United States v. Smith , 186 F. 3d 290 (3rd Cir. 1999) and related cases)
- Issue 5: Bankruptcy frauds
- Issue 6: Post-conviction rehabilitation
- Issue 7: Dismissed/uncharged conduct
f. Technical Amendment
Public meeting materials are available at the Commission's website (http://www.ussc.gov/meeting.htm) or from the Commission (202/502-4590).