November 6, 2001
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING OF THE
U.S. SENTENCING COMMISSION
Pursuant to Rule 3.2 of the Rules of Practice and Procedure (U.S.
Sentencing Commission (July 1997)), the U.S. Sentencing Commission will hold a
public meeting on November 14, 2001 at 10:15 a.m. at the Thurgood Marshall
Federal Judiciary Building, One Columbus Circle, N.E., in Suite 2-500 (South
Lobby). It is expected that the meeting will conclude by 11:30 a.m.
The purpose of the meeting will be to conduct the business detailed in
the following agenda:
- Introductory Remarks and Report from the Chair
- Report from the Staff Director
- Vote to Approve September 10, 2001 Minutes
- Possible Presentation, Discussion, and Vote to Publish of Proposed
Amendment Language and Issues for Comment in the Following Areas
- Cultural Heritage Resources
- Consent Calendar
- Rules of Practice and Procedure
- Alternatives to Incarceration
- Expansion of Official Victims Enhancement
- Implementation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Career Offender and Section 924(c) Offenses
- Acceptance of Responsibility
Public meeting materials are available at the Commission's website or from the Commission (202/502-4590).